Thursday 3 March 2011

New Crochet Design Book

Crochet book

I have just purchased Crochet Design for kids by Lucinda Guy from Amazon mainly for the two adorable toy patterns.  I know the elephant pattern was published in a UK Women’s magazine recently but I couldn’t resist buying the book it came from.  Most of the patterns are for very twee crocheted items of children’s clothing.

elephantwhale

I am not sure that today’s modern children would want to wear some of the designs but the book is delightfully illustrated throughout by Francois Hall.  As I mentioned, I really only wanted the toy patterns, namely the elephant and the whale but I don’t think you can ever have enough crafty books anyway.

IMGP7286

I have so far completed one of the elephants and was pleased with the result, although the assembly of the lower gusset to the body was a little tricky, in the main, it was an easy pattern to follow.  I hope to soon cast on for the whale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!