The first time I tried it I think I was over ambitious as I added colour and fragrance. The soap turned out well but the colour was yuck and had no smell. I was going for a purple, lavendar fragranced soap but ended up with a grey, normally soapy smelling bar. I little bit more research on adding colour and fragrance I think.
Mixing the lye
Mixing the oils
Pouring the soap mixture into the mould
Setting in the mould
Frist attempt – Grey looking but perfectly usuable
The second time around I left out the colour but added some coconut fragrance. Not sure whether this smells yet as I haven’t used any yet. The second more natural looking soap, I plan to gift some on Mothers Day.
Second batch – more natural looking
You should try it, its fun!