Monday 30 November 2009

Blogging in the hills

Saturday saw us return for the fourth time to Lathkill Cottage situated just outside Bakewell high up in the hills.  Hopefully we are here for the whole week this time as usually we normally only can manage a few days.  Yesterday was Nigel’s birthday and Sam our son and his girlfriend Sarah came over from nearby Sheffield where they are both at Uni and we went out for lunch with was unfortunately disappointing.  The service was really slow and unfriendly and the portions were somewhat disappointing.  I had mushroom risotto and for £10 I had a spoonful of mushroomy rice – rice being one of the cheapest ingredients around, this was served with nothing else.  Very disappointed, never mind we will try elsewhere in the week.

It is a lot colder here than in Norfolk and on Saturday night before we went to bed,I looked out of the window to see the first flurries of snow falling.  This didn’t settle and Sunday started off very wet and when we took Tillie for her morning walk the fields were extremely muddy – thank goodness I bought my wellies with me!

I have a whole box of wool, needles and patterns with me and I am enjoying knitting what I want for a change after tackling all that finishing off lately.  I have started my Autumn Log Cabin Throw, started and finished a pair of fingerless mittens for myself for dog walking, have started a secret project and also doing some Fuzzy Mitten toys.

IMGP5411-1024 IMGP5438-1024

We are hoping that the weather stays dry today so we can go for a nice walk to Hartington after a cooked breakfast in Bakewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!