Wednesday 21 December 2011

The year of the blanket

This year saw me being obsessed with creating blankets of one design or another. They are all crochet as I do not have the patience to knit such large projects and anyway I find crochet easier on my hands. I hope you don’t mind me doing a little show and tell.

IMGP7280

No 1 - Autumn Log Cabin Throw

IMGP7262

No 2 - This design is called the Groovyghan Blanket

IMGP0619

No 3 - Blanket is the Babette Blanket

IMGP0695

No 4 - Blanket is just a simple Ripple Stitch Blanket

IMGP1144

No 5 - A Scrapghan Blanket

IMGP0602

No 6 - Winter Skies Blanket

IMGP1112

No 7 - Granny’s Zinnias – made for my sister Jane’s 50th birthday

IMGP1571

No 8 - Purple Passion

Just realised this is my 100th post!


11 comments:

  1. Oh Sara! I LOVE your version of the Autumn Log Cabin Throw... that is my Chrissy Pressie right?? :)
    Excellent job on all! I began work on the Babette Blanket sometime ago - but, my own work and kids have kept me so busy... I am still trying to finish up a certain Doggie Sweater from last year!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post. Great blankets. I don't have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are beautiful! I love the Autumn Log Cabin and Winter Skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! These are stunningly beautiful. Plus...that's a ton of work. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Also, congratulations on your milestone post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What wonderful blankets. I can crochet, but nothing as gorgous as that.

    Well done on your 100th post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We liked No.1 best... I wouldn't mind snuggling under that! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 100th post milestone!! What a historic moment for me to find you from the What Remains Now blog.

    Lovely to meet your greyhounds and see your beautiful crafts.

    The Lady Of The House used to love crocheting - but she was never as good as you and now she moans that she doesn't have time.

    Looking forward to following you.

    Love and licks, Winnie the Greyhound

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow!
    They are all gorgeous - you made them all in a year??
    I love 1, 2 and 3 best but I think the log cabin is my favourite, the colours are fantastic.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those blankets are gorgeous as a beginner knitter I am in awe of them. I really hope I can improve my knitting and crocheting, I cant really crochet yet at all

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous, cant decide which one I like best.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love blankets and this parade is just a feast for the eyes :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!