Saturday 9 January 2010

One sewn up, only another dozen to go!

You may remember towards the end of last year I posted about Bags of bits  which were knitted items from my friend Barbara who loves knitting but hats sewing up, well I have finally sewn up, stuffed and completed the first project – Tabitha Twitchet.  I am not satisfied with the head and face, I think she has slightly porcine rather than feline features – I think it maybe the muzzle & the ears aren’t quite right.  This toy is going back to Barbara as she wants to collect all the Beatrix Potter characters.  in between she is still knitting for me though.  I shall start putting together another one tonight, this time it is going to be Jeremy Fisher.

IMGP5729-1024

IMGP5732-1024 

Talking of cats, I just thought I would post a pic of my own feline friend Ali.  He is not as good looking as he used to be especially as the years and probably numerous fights have taken there toll.  We estimate he must be at least 20 years old now as he turned up here at home as a stray in 1991 and he was fully grown then but not neutered.  He is a very friendly but vocal cat more so now that he is totally deaf.  He doesn’t go far now, just in the garden and sauntering down the drive to visit our neighbours but in his younger days he would follow me into the village and wait in various gardens until we returned and then jump out at us and then follow us home.  Here he is as close to the fire as he can get!

IMGP5737-1024

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sarah. It does take time to sew and stuff doesn't it. I enjoy the knitting part more! My Blog's all fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

    Ali looks lovely and warm next to the fire . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!